In two months, I will embark on a new path as I begin my training for Teach For America. But I know I can’t do it alone. I’m well aware of how some people feel toward TFA–some love it, some hate it. For this, I ask you to put your opinions aside so I can serve my students in the best possible way. Help me out by answering the following questions:
1. What do you expect from a teacher?
2. If you had a teacher impact your life (in a positive or negative way), how did this happen and what was the outcome?
3. Which pedagogical methods helped you learn the most as a child?
4. What do you think is the biggest problem with the public education system/American education in general?
5. If you are/were a teacher, what’s the most difficult aspect about being a teacher? What has been your most rewarding experience?
6. If you could go back to your first years as a teacher, what would you do differently?
7. Why did you decide to be a teacher?
Any other words of wisdom are very much welcome. Thank you!